Personal Trainer, Singapore
A performer at heart, John’s fitness journey began with theatre. The art of performing required him to maintain a certain level of strength and fitness, which got him to where he is today.
He has competed extensively throughout Asia and Australia in weightlifting and functional fitness, representing Singapore in various competitions. John also holds numerous national records.
John has also completed his pre-/ post-natal personal training certification with Girls Gone Strong, the world’s most comprehensive, evidence-based, interdisciplinary pre- and postnatal certification.
- BA (Hons) Communication Studies
- COACHSG Weightlifting Level 1
- IWF Club Coach Level 1
- Pre & Post-natal Certified Coach with Girls Gone Strong
- 2019 Weightlifting World Championships — 36th
- 2019 Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships — 6th
- 2019 Asian Championships — 7th
- XXI Commonwealth Games — 13th
- 2015 Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships — 9th
- 2020 Asian Championships – 8th
- Pain no bother for weightlifter John Cheah – Straits Times, 1 Oct 2019
- CrossFit coach was once overweight – Straits Times, 7 Jun 2016
- Why I Play series: Weightlifter John Cheah – Yahoo News, 21 Feb 2019
- CWG2018: Dreams of growing weightlifting through Commonwealth Games, Team Singapore, Apr 2018
- Deriving Purpose from Coaching : John Cheah’s Road to the Commonwealth Games 2018, Mar 2018
- Find Yourself with John Cheah – Classpass | The Warmup International
- Instagram: @cheahjohn
Testimonials for John Cheah
“John makes you better because he only accepts perfection and that mindset rubs off on his athletes.”
I love being coached by John. He makes you better because he only accepts perfection and that mindset rubs off on his athletes. The pursuit of perfection becomes a passion. He is wise and articulate and caring.
And has amazing taste in Disney music.
– Megan Bitossi
“What you need to know about John as a coach is that he has the highest standards.”
It is never enough just to lift your personal best; he wants you to do it effortlessly while looking good. Sometimes this translates to a frustrating hour of hearing lots of “Nope” from him. Then you realise this: he applies the same standards to his own performance.
John is seeking perfection and he asks the same of all of us. So when you get a “yes” – it means that you’ve taken a step closer and that makes the work worthwhile.
– Sharon Siah
“John is an excellent personal trainer – the best one I’ve had in the last 8 years.”
Detailed, experienced, and knowing how to push just enough.
– Joshua Ip
“Honest opinion is personal training is damn ex but I’m not willing to let go of John because he’s really helped me get so much stronger”
Enjoy a complimentary Personal Training session
New to Level? Start your first consultation with us.
To make sure this is the right place for you we provide a complimentary personal training session for us to learn about your current exercise program, lifestyle, fitness goals, and for you to experience our facilities.